Saturday 30 January 2010

Big Blen & Again

I had planned to do leg 1 today, but couldnt get out till lunchtime so opted to do Blencathra, twice. I ran up from Scales without stopping to walk then up and over the top and down blease fell, touched the tarmac on the road to the centre and ran back up to the top and back down to Scales.
People thought I was bonkers and so did I when on the way down blease fell, I knew each easy step downhill , was probably 2 hard steps back up hill.

The weather was good though, brilliant clear skies although quite cold in the Northerly winds.

All in all a good training session in quite a quick time - 4000ft in 2hrs 25 min. I think this will form my Tue/Thurs sessions as and when the nigts draw out a bit. Sat'days will be training on the course.

Finally I feel like the proper training has started with 118 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment