Thursday 21 January 2010

Bad Back - Good Crack

Fixed my back whike stretching on the gym ball. There was this loud crack and hey presto, I was jumping about like a "gert salmon" . It still aches a little but is a lot better as it is no longer affecting my running. I am still going to the massage joint on Tues next week though to get looked at. Thats remedial massage not some backstreet dodgy one, (not that there are any round Penrith).

Training this week has mainly consisted of my usual runs into and around town, up and down the New Streets and back home. I have supplemented these with sessions in the gym on the bike. I have discovered a "reet gud" interval setting on the bike which gives my legs a burn after an hour.

Work has been weird since closing down last Friday. I have been asked about a job in Barrow but am a bit reluctant due to the travelling affecting both my family life and my training. I guess bread on the table is whats most important though.

If the weather holds up I intend to get out very early on Sat morning and get some big mileage in probably on the BGR route. Hopefully the glass back will hold up

No comments:

Post a Comment