Wednesday 27 January 2010

Move Over Ladies

Had a good weekend with some good mileage and climbing around leg 4. Yewbarrow holds no fears now (ask me after 16 hrs/40 miles or so).

I went to see David Stone on Tuesday who gave me a right good massage on my lower back & pelvis area. I came out of there feeling great, supple & energetic. As a fellow fell runner & having completed the BG back in the early 80's, Dave is ideal to seek advice from on keeping fit & injury free. He pointed out the obvious, when he explained that stiff muscles require more energy to make them move. Therefore if we are supple with loose muscles then we use less energy to cover the same distance in the same time. In essence a supple body can run more efficiently which means, with the addition of stretching exercises in a fitness regime, improvements in times/results can be achieved without extra mileage. Off the back of this I have planned to start doing Pilates on Friday nights. So move over ladies, there's a new kid with a mat.

Oh BTW I am definitley becoming middle aged. I have been asked to become a school governer. I can't actually believe that I am no longer the bad boy rebel type, but a school governer. I had better go out & buy a nice cardigan, pipe & slippers......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment