Monday 1 March 2010

Not a bad week


I had another week of reasonable training last week.


I set off with a steady 7.5 mile trail run around Lowther Park on Monday, Tuesday was quick blast up Blencathra and back down. Wed went in gym again. Thursday I did the same trail run again. Saturday I did High Cup Nick fell race, which I came 22nd in. An improvement of 44 places on last year and 6 minutes in time. I think I have reached my level though in terms of capability. The guys ahead of me all seem built like fell runners whereas I feel that I am quite a bit bigger and heavier.


I was out on Saturday night to support a Winter BG. It was Iain Taylor who is a friend of an old school mate, Lucy. I was down for leg 5 with some new BG mates Andy & Graham. It was difficult to get myself motivated having done the High Cup Nick race at 2pm. Once out of the house though I was really looking forward to it. He was going anti-clockwise so I met the guys at Threlkeld and sat and waited for Iain to appear down Clough Head. He left Dunmail on time so he was due in about 10.30 - 11pm. Un fortunately there was just too much snow so he, and his leg 4 pacers came down from from Sticks pass down towards Legburthwaite. He still looked remarkably fresh and full of humour. He said at the time that he wasnt going to give it another go but I think the Winter BG bug has got a good hold of him.


This weeks training is going to be a bit more difficult as I am on a course all week in Blackburn with loads of homework. Will get a really long run in on Saturday though.


Summary for last week 32 miles, 6108 ft


88 days left......................



No comments:

Post a Comment