Saturday 20 February 2010

Today - Such a perfect day.

I have had a really good week this week. It started out with a good walk up Kidsty Pike with my eldest son Louie and followed on with a good 15 mile training run Tuesday, an hour in gym on Wed , Quick blast up Blen on Thurdsay and absolute fantastic run out today on Leg 2 (plus Blen to warm up with).

Today was something special though. Absolute perfect winter conditions, brilliant sunshine, clear skies, little or no wind and reasonable underfoot, especially with micro spikes on.

I must have been stopped a dozen times with people asking about my spikes. They offer so much confidence when running on the fell in winter conditions. I think I can actually down hill faster in the snow, with the spikes on, than what i can do with no snow at all. As Tony the Tiger says, " They're Great".

It was also great to see all the skiers on Raise. It looked like a proper Alpine ski resort. There must have been some great shots taken today. I even got my forehead burned a little.

Wish I had my camera with me today. Would have got some awesome photos. I try to take photos with my phone but quality is poor. Maybe one day I will suss out how to put pics on here.

Training this week

Monday - 6.5 miles (1600 ft)
Tuesday - 15 miles (1724 ft)
Wed - Gym . 1 hr on exercise bike & weights.
Thurs - 4.2 miles (2035 ft)
Fri - Rest
Sat - 18.6 Miles (8325 ft)

Total - 44 Miles (13684 ft)

This is the most mileage & ascending in a week that I have ever done. I guess I will have to keep up this level of training.

Looking forward to High Cup Nick next weekend. Hopefully it will still be on and not cancelled due to the snow/ice. It was my first ever fell race last year and I would like to see how much I have improved in the year. I am due to help out a friend of a friend on his Winter BG next sat after the race so should be interesting to see if I have any go left in my legs after racing. He's doing an Anti clockwise round so I guess I will be on leg 5, so itll be up Blencatha and down into Mugrisdale common and on. Should be OK I reckon.

96 Days to go.............

No comments:

Post a Comment