Monday 8 March 2010

Still Going Strong - 81 days.

It was a funny week last week. I felt tired after High Cup Nick so didnt get out on Sunday. I then spent the week doing a course in Blackburn. It was really tiring being stuck inside sat motionless for 8 hours listening to the virtues of wearing PPE etc. So only managed to get out Tue, Wed & Sat.

Tuesday - I ran into town and did the new streets hills.
Thursday - Drove out to Askham and ran up to Arthurs Pike and back at a good pace. It was good to get out in the late sunny afternoon. Apart from being cold it felt like spring is really just around the corner.
Saturday - Went out round leg 1 from Threlkeld & then up Clough head and onto Stybarrow. Time and low cloud made the decision for me to turn around back to the van at Threlkeld.

I didnt manage to get out on Sunday at all again. I was at a tag rugby tournament, involving 50 teams, at Newcastle Falcons with my sons team. The lads played fantasticly and made it to the final which was played on the main pitch at half time when the Falcons were playing Bath. Unfortunatley they lost but once again Louie made me really proud. Out of the 21 tries the team scored on the way to the final, Louie scored 14 of them.

This weeks totals - Distance - 36 miles, Climb - 10535 ft, Time - 9 hrs

I am planning to increase the mileage this week and get out on the fells through the week. Just wish it would thaw out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment