Monday 22 March 2010

Poorly Blog OK now

You maybe noticed that this blog had some kind of bug where it re-directed to another bizarre site with what sounds like and advert soundreel in the background. I tried in vain to resolve this but alas was beaten. I was resigned to losing it but it now appears to be working OK.

The running meanwhile has been going well. I had quite a good week last week running everyday,  Mon-Friday. I did leg 1&2 on Friday and managed to complete them to schedule with a pack on and in strongish winds. There was also still some snow underfoot from raise to dollywagon. I found it hard up Fairfield & Seat Sandal but with the right mindset I am sure I could have carried on up Steel Fell. Last weeks totals - 51 miles, 15,541 ft. I rested Sat & Sunday (if you can call being a dad with 2 young lads a rest).

Today I went up Arthurs Pike from Askham and back. What a slog it proved to be. There was a bit of wind & rain to start with, but my legs & mind weren't really up for it. Probably still feeling the affects from last Fridays leg 1 & 2. I will probably have an easier week this week & push on again next week.

With 67 days to go, the countdown has really begun. The vernal equinox has been & gone so the nights are drawing out & the snow is finally receding. My new friends, the micro spikes, will probably hibernate now till next winter. I can now finally start doing my reps up & down Hall's Fell ridge.

Hmmm just realised Askham fell race is a week on Sat so will have to get the miles & ascent in this week. Oh well. Will just "hatta bray on"

No comments:

Post a Comment