Monday 24 May 2010

Here we go, Here we go, Here we go............

4 days to go and we are just about ready. I can't do anything more about my hill fitness or control the weather. The only things I can influence now are my state of mind, my wellbeing at the start line and the organisation of the food etc.

My head is OK. I know how I will feel at Dunmail having done 1&2 overnight last year. My intention is to have my normal breakfast at Dunmail so as to trick my body into thinking its morning and time to wake up. I know leg 3 will be tough and I know that the challenge of Yewbarrow when sitting at Wasdale will be daunting. There will be low times which I will get through by sheer determination and the voice of Pete Kremer in my head. Nothing will stop me putting one foot in front of another. That's all I have to do.

I went up Halls fell in the dark with Berni last week and recced the top section, which I think we have down to a T. I also went up for a gentle trot up Lords Seat on Thursday and on Friday had a gentle walk up Helvellyn from Thirlmere, with my 6 year old son, Louie. I can t believe how busy it was up there but I suppose the good weather brings everyone out. All in all about 8000 ft of gentle climb. I am doing nothing this week.

As I type this, there is a slight swelling in my throat indicating that my cold may still be lingering. Hopefully by resting for the remainder of this week. It will totally go. On that note, best get to bed as its 10 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment