Tuesday 18 May 2010

Easy Does It!!

Its been a while since my last post so I thought I had better get something put down. After doing the 46 miler I acquired a cold and a heavy chest. This has lasted for the last 20 days and I am now only starting to feel that my lungs are clear. This has obviously affected my plans with regards to training and tapering down.

My big day on the 8th only turned into legs 1& 2 which I struggled with. I was away working in Stalybridge last week so I stayed at Crowden campsite and managed to get 3 runs in though the week along the pennine way. Last Saturday saw me, Rich Ellwood (leg 5), Clare McKeown (leg 4) & Simon Vietch (leg2) go out from seathwaite just to tackle Bowfell. This is the one peak that I never managed to get up in the winter weather when I had previously been in this area. We managed to get up Bowfell from Rosset Pike OK but not on quite the right line. I am confident that my Leg 3 pacers Keiran Hodgson & Dave Jack will know the way up intimately.

I did 8000ft last week over 30 miles. This week so far I have been working in Stalybridge (Mon/Tue) and Telford (wed) so I have just been running mainly on the flat. I am hoping to get up Halls Fell on Thursday night with Berni to confirm the route I am taking in the dark.

With 10 days to go I am fairly happy with everything but I do hope that the last remnants of the cold I have had does disappear. I also hope that my right ankle eases off seeing as though I am no longer pounding it with long, fast downhills at the moment. Am working locally over next few days (or not at all) so no more early mornings or long travelling distances from Thursday onwards.

Looking back I could maybe have covered more distance in my training but I have definitely been getting enough climbing in. I just hope that the weather is OK, although there is a hot spell forecast over the next few days which may not ne a good thing. We'll see..........

No comments:

Post a Comment