Sunday 22 November 2009

187 Days - Keep on Moving

14th Nov, Dunnerdale - 44th out of 275 i.e. top 16%.
Really chuffed with this result. Felt strong on the climbs and managed to hold my own and as usual passed a few on descents. I was just a little disapointed that I didnt back myself at the start as I was caught up behind slower runners for first mile or so.

21st Nov, Brampton to Carlisle - 89th out of 473. ie. top 19%

Again pleased with this result. The course was cut short due to the recent flooding but I managed average 6:20 per mile for the 9.25 mile shorter course so I would have got in roughly 62mins which is 7 mins quicker than last year. Training must be paying off.

Not doing anymore races until the New Year so can concentrate on fell mileage/climbing and recceing the Bob course. I know a couple of other Bobbers, so will be trying to catch up with them to recce together. I think this will also sharpen my motivation a little as have struggled with the very wet, windy weather lately.

As Soul II Soul, once sang "Keep on Moving"

No comments:

Post a Comment